Last year, I wrote about how my friends Tara and Hannah started a tradition of exchanging challenges for their birthdays. They gave me 27 challenges for my 27th birthday... and I totally failed to meet them all.
Seriously, I didn't even complete half of them. I am the worst.
So, this year, I'm planning to finish my 27th birthday challenges and the new ones for my 28th! It's ambitious, but I know I can do it all. Here we go.
Play a team sport.
- Take the Florida train somewhere (one more chance).
Fail big. Then rebound.
- Walk through an orange grove.
Conquer a fear.
- Decidedly determine one good thing about every person you meet this year.
See one personal project through to the end.
- Pick a fruit or vegetable. Eat it every week.
- Do a photoshoot or video with one of the dogs.
- Go fishin'.
Marry a girl named Keeley.
- Forgive a grudge.
- Improve your baseball swing.
- Leave a permanent, physical mark in 3 places on Earth.
- Say yes to things you might normally say no to. So no to things you might normally say yes to.
Color a picture and mail it to someone with no notice. Do something you can't experience any other time or place.
- Do two outdoor activities a week. (Drinking outside at a bar doesn't count.)
- Mic drop.
Pick a place to travel and go.
- Write something satirical.
- Read five new authors.
- Make a toast.
- Identify five people who serve as sources of inspiration for you.
- Run a 5K.
Visit a new place and leave technology at home. Enjoy.
- For every drink you buy, match 50% of the cost and put it in savings. See how much you have at 29.
- Take a selfie with a wild animal.
Here's what's left from last year:
- Attend a performance of the Florida Orchestra.
- See a Broadway show in Tampa.
- Perform five acts of kindness toward strangers.
- Read three new books. (It was 20. I read 17.)
- Make a video with Ming and Finn.
- Eat an entire meal you caught/created yourself.
- Drink at three new-to-you bars with historical significance. (It was five. I went to two.)
- Take pictures with two famous people you meet. (It was three. I met one. Sorta.)
- Talk with a different accent for one entire day.
- Choose your top five beers and host a tasting.
- Catch the sunrise and the sunset on the same day.
- Give Hannah an assist on her list.
- Take the Florida train somewhere.
- Picnic at a park in Tampa.